Saturday, May 23

Rosemary Shortbread Cookies by Foodwishes

Today I made Foodwishes' Rosemary Shortbread Cookies. Before I get into that, let me tell you these past weeks have been an absolute whirlwind. 
Don't they look yummy?
First, I went to my big brother's wedding in Vegas and then I was asked to travel for work back to Chicago.  All I can say is that it feels good to be back in my own bed and eat/cook what I want to. Gosh I missed my bed. The hotel bed in Chicago sucked! My body sunk in the middle of the bed. One thing is for sure. I don't think I could ever travel 80% for work. It just drains everything out of you. 
Vegas was really cool though. Wayne and I enjoyed the food. Everything was so expensive though. A cup of coffee at Starbucks was $6.00 at the Mandalay Bay. But it was nice that everything was in one area. I wish we had more time to explore the strip but we were only staying in Vegas a few days.
Dinner at Fleur was lovely
Dessert with big-ass coffee cups!
 We went hiking around the Red Rocks and saw the Hoover Dam. The Red Rocks were pretty cool. 
But personally, I wasn't too impressed by the Hoover Dam.  I mean it is impressive how long it took them to built it and that it fuels a good chunk of the west coast. But otherwise than that, there just were a ton of people, military helicopters and concrete all around. lol. It was nice though to hang out with my parents though. 
We also got tickets to see the Jabbawockeez. Omg that was so much fun. The only downside was that my mom and Wayne were so tired! I was actually really pumped up afterwards. But they were ready to pass out! lols. We went to Olives at the Bellagio and enjoyed the fountain show while eating really good food. 
The fountains
My mom's beautiful salmon dish
My Ricotta Ravioli - was really good!
 I'm so happy for my brother and I'm glad I got to see him get married. The wedding was really nice though. Just immediate family on both sides and 2-3 girlfriends and guy friends. Very simple and small. It was perfect and intimate family and friend gathering. 
Whenever I get married, I'm not going to have bridesmaids. I don't have a lot of girl friends. I guess one of the reasons why, is I can't stand people who do not respect my time. I know stuff crops up and everyone has busy lives. But if I need to constantly go to you and find out when you're free only to get stood up. Then I don't want to deal with you.  

So, I only have a few close ones. I may not see them all the time, but they're the ones that know me in and out. I'm also fiercely loyal once I think of you as a friend. I'll take a bullet or fly over to comfort a friend if I need to. Anyways, the reason why I'm talking about friendship is because one of my best friend's birthdays was coming up. So I found the perfect gift for her and she loved it! I honestly think that is one of the best feelings in the whole world. When I find the perfect gift for a friend or loved one. I guess, it's because I enjoy getting to know my friends and also opening up to them. 

Anyways, I digress. Let's get started.
I really liked this recipe because there weren't a whole lot of ingredients. Coming home after traveling, I know there aren't going to be a whole lot of ingredients in my fridge. I'm not going to post too much about the process making these because Chef John already did that! Now, I've always been subscribed to Chef John from foodwishes YouTube channel. I really enjoy his quirky sense of humor and watching his videos. It's nice to watch a chef that knows what he's doing and also works to simplify dishes by focusing on the food. Plus his voice is kind of soothing! 
Honestly, I was pleasantly surprised by these cookies. They were really easy to make. The only hard part is waiting till they are cool enough to eat them! They're light and buttery but the rosemary adds a nice touch. Obviously my cookies aren't perfectly docked because I got lazy. But they still taste good! Which is all that matters. :)

Please check out Chef John's video and recipe blog post here

I do not take credit for these cookies! This post is just about my experience making them. I did not create the recipe. But do please try them if you can. They were very tasty. I haven't gotten around more of his dishes though. Mainly because I know I'll need my computer or iPad close by when cooking. Just to make sure I don't mess it up!
Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment