Wednesday, February 4

Mongolian Beef over Green Cauliflower Rice

Today, I got some awesome training/workout shoes! I decided to go with the Reebok's ZQuick TR 3.0. They had pretty good reviews online and were within my budget. I didn't want to spend over a $100 on a shoe. I also wanted a shoe that was light for my gym workouts. I'm kind of digging the neon yellow shoes. I like how bright they are and it kind of jazzes up my gym outfit without buying a ton of new clothes. 
I like getting new gym clothes, but I'm not in the being "fashionable" while working out even though some of the "trendy" work clothes are pretty cool looking. I know I just wouldn't be comfortable working out in them. I don't need to look all fashionable or sexy while I'm lifting. Personally, I believe if you can workout with makeup on and it still have it on your face, you're not working out hard enough. Anyways, I kicked my butt working out. There were like three different types of push ups. It was arms/abs day and at the end my arms were shaking like JELLO. Let's get started. I didn't take a lot of photos this round. Probably because my arms were so sore.
First, I made some Cauliflower Rice. Pretty much I put the cauliflower in a food processor and chopped it till it was small pieces. Then I sauteed it with some coconut oil, chicken stock and salt/pepper till it was warm. I thought green "rice" would look kind of cool. I found green cauliflower and orange cauliflower at Whole Foods and it inspired me to make this dish. 
Beautiful Green Cauliflower Rice! The coconut oil in this makes it SOOO good. I then made the Mongolian beef sauce. The sauce had a bunch of things like garlic, ginger, honey, coconut aminos etc. It made the apartment smell like an Asian food restaurant. lols
Then I sliced up the meat. Once the meat was cut, I placed the meat in the sauce until the it was fully cooked through. 
 Ta-da! Finished product! I wasn't too impressed with the meat. I think the flank steak was too thick or I made the pieces too big. But it was pretty tasty and easy to make!

I've used The Paleo Kitchen cookbook before. They have a ton of great recipes in there.
To see more on the actual book, please click here.

Emma 

1 comment: