Thursday, September 25

Paleo Moo Shoo Cabbage Cups

Tonight I made Paleo Moo Shoo Cabbage Cups from Primal Cravings for dinner. They were actually really good! Pretty juicy and messy to eat though. But it looks like this might be put on my list of go-to recipes.

Ta-da! :) Little boats of meat and mushrooms!

Primal Cravings is probably my favorite Paleo cook book. Maybe I am biased because it was the first cook book I bought for myself. Brandon & Megan Keatley have some great recipes in their cook book. I love how simple and tasty their recipes are. They have like non-dairy yogurt cups, maple pecan squares and other comfort foods. I like that they don't complicate the ingredients. Sometimes what deters me from doing a paleo recipe is how many ingredients I need. Since I'm not strict paleo, I would rather go in my pantry or fridge and improvise than have to go out and buy the ingredients like coconut flour, almond flour, ghee and a bunch of other recipes. I buy vegan cane sugar and use almond flour but then I also use butter. Can't go wrong with butter! (Used sparingly of course. I'm not Paula Deen.)

Anyways, let's get to it!
(I'm only going to provide some photos in respect to their cook book.)

We used ground bison meat. Yumm!

Napa Cabbage was the base for the cups and stir fry. The one we got was GIGANTIC. I washed them really well then soaked them in a saline bath. This helps remove a lot of the pesticides from the leaves. But some of our leaves were beaten up pretty badly.

I chopped up some Napa Cabbage leaves to add to the stir fry.

Then I chopped up some onions to add. 

The finished product! I added green onions on top of the cabbage cups!

I recommend you to check out Primal Cravings cook book. It's got a ton of FANTASTIC paleo recipes that aren't too complex. Plus they're really tasty too. The link is from Amazon.

Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment