Monday, September 29

Apple Caramel Cookies

Today I decided to make some Apple Caramel Cookies by Foodess.
I made some apple crisp last night and was totally bummed! The recipe was from How to Cook Like a Top Chef from Bravo and the topping totally sucked. I think more flour was needed and the oats needed to be baked longer...I don't know where it got messed up but either way I was very disappointed with the results. Wayne still ate it though. lols.

So, anyways, it's a brand new day and I'm going to make cookies instead!
 
 Ta-da! Finished cookies! They taste like Fall. Apples, sweetness and caramel. Yum!

Let's get started!
First, I preheated the oven and lined baking sheets with parchment paper. I'm really not digging my gas stove. I know gas heat is easier to control than electric ovens and professional chef's prefer them. But I don't like how hot the oven gets when you're baking and how messy the stove top can get.  
I forgot to melt the butter first, so I guided the butter out of my mixing bowl and put it in the microwave for a while. Then I mixed the butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla together.
Next,I added the flour, baking soda and salt.
I chopped up the apples.
Then I cut the soft caramel chews into thirds. Make sure you have a sharp knife or even sharp scissors may work. This took a while! After those were done, I mixed them into the batter.
Then I dolloped them onto the baking sheets. Next time, I would instead just mix in the apple chunks first. Dollop. Then add the caramels in the cookies. That way the caramel won't run off and spread on the cookie sheet! Anyways, I baked them for 8 minutes, moving the pan after every 4 minutes. I let them cool for a bit, and then enjoyed! They're very yummy! :) Wayne couldn't get enough of them!

Apple Caramel Cookies found here

Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment