Tuesday, March 10

Ginger Scallion Pork Meatballs

Wow I can’t believe it’s already mid-March. It kind of feels like we have been living here a lot longer. We had a long weekend. We went up to Leavenworth and went snowmobiling with some friends. Some of my friends were going skiing at Stevens Pass. I really wanted to snowboard but I had recently hurt my ankle while working out. I was doing box jumps and landed on my left ankle funky. I always had ankle problems, so I knew I needed to take it easy.
Blue skies!
Wayne and I
#selfie!
My gut was telling me if I snowboarded, I would screw it up even more. Plus I was worried about the snow conditions. Good thing I went with my gut. For snowmobiling, the weather was absolutely perfect! It was like 65 degrees and sunny. Wayne and I took turns driving and the sun felt spectacular. It was surreal to see the mountains in the distance. We had a fun time doing that plus I made a nice lunch for friends. I think they liked it.

Pretty much this week, I’m resting my ankle and taking it easy.
Currently, I’m reading “Still Alice.” It is probably on my top 5 – hardest book to finish list. Not because it is so technical, but because it is so dense in emotion. It’s tough reading about the descent into Alzheimer’s. But I really like Lisa Genova’s writing. She really pulls you into the character and how it feels to be in their shoes. I want to see the movie with Julianne Moore. I heard she did a fantastic job portraying the main character. Plus I like her as an actress. Anyways, let’s get started.

So, tonight I made Paleo Ginger Scallion Pork Meatballs from Zenbelly’s cookbook. Wayne kept eating everything in sight while I was making this! He apparently was super hungry so he inhaled these after I finished baking them. I really liked making these because they were so simple! Pretty much I just threw all together some ground pork, fresh ginger, coconut aminos, fish sauce, coconut flour and scallions. 
Big mess.

 
Cute little meatballs.
Ta-da! Finished product! I added a quick Napa Cabbage Stir fry with onions, and bacon. I felt like it needed some type of base.  I thought these were really good and simple. They kind of reminded me of Dim Sum shumai dumplings - just without the dumpling wrapper. I think these go in my favorite recipe binder since they're so simple. Stay tuned for more!

Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment