Thursday, August 21

Portobello Mushroom Pizzas

So today, I made Portobello Mushroom Pizzas from Comfy Belly for dinner.
I've made this several times over the past year. This has been one of my favorite recipes because it is super duper easy!
Ta-da! Finished product. Very easy and delicious too!
I love finding new and unique recipes but one thing that will deter me is if it takes too long! I love cooking and baking but if it takes more than 2 hours, I'll seek something else (unless it's for a special occasion or something then I'll put the extra time in.)

Alright, let's get to it!

First thing I did was open and wipe down my portobello mushrooms with a damp cloth. This helps remove the dirt. I then put on the oven to 400 degrees and put parchment paper in a baking sheet pan.
Wipe on, wipe off! (get it? hint Karate Kid movie)
Then, I drizzled some balsamic vinegar and olive oil on them. They can absorb water and oil, so that's why you want to make sure they're wiped pretty well. 
Then I chopped up some fresh basil to toss on top of the mushrooms. 

I had taken a knife skills course downtown in the fall and the Chef instructed us to roll the herbs like a joint then slice into thin ribbons. He did smoke cigarettes, so maybe that's why he referenced joints. lols 
Then I tossed on a bit of garlic powder, oregano and red peppers flakes.
Pretty huh? :)
Then I baked them for another 20-25 minutes. Here they are all done and warm. Before you put you're toppings on you want to drain all the liquid off of them. 
Then, after you take them out, you want to put on some pasta sauce. Here I used an organic pasta sauce from Whole Foods. 
To change it up a bit, I chopped up two roma tomatoes into slices and put them into a pot. Then put about 1/2 of a jar of pasta sauce in the pot. I brought it to a boil to cook down the tomatoes. Then simmered it for a couple of minutes. I couldn't remember why I bought the tomatoes, so I used it for the sauce so they didn't go bad. :)
Then I topped it off with parmesan cheese. Yum.

Portobello Pizza by Comfy Belly here
Erica has a nice collection of healthy recipes. She offers gluten-free and paleo recipes but keeps them pretty simplistic yet yummy. I'm looking to explore her site some more for some good recipes to try. 

Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment