Saturday, August 9

Chilled Cucumber Soup with Mango Salsa

Well, I've officially decided it's time to actually start a blog. I've done it a bit in the past but I always manage to stop blogging. Maybe it's out of sheer laziness to write my thoughts down or maybe it's because I am not sure even what to put down. But I've decided my goal is to actually stick with this. So I made a Chilled Cucumber Soup with a Mango Salsa and a Chocolate Avocado Smoothie.

Today was a really hot day (mid 80s) and I went for a nice run. I really dislike the smell of sunscreen though. I think I don't like how the smell lingers...but I found a few smile wrinkles under my eyes and have been trying to be more conscious about putting on SPF daily.

But I digress...on my run I realized that I really wanted a place to put down my words. I sometimes write notes in my iPhone about how I'm feeling or some new recipes I found and want to try out.  

Let's get to it!

Big cucumbers!
Choppy chop the Avocado
Yummy chopped up fresh mango!


I love my Ninja but I hate cleaning the blades. Always come super close to cutting my finger when I try and clean off the smoothie gunk.

This stuff is soooooo good! Used this for the smoothie.

Finished Product! Chilled Cucumber Soup with a Mango Salsa, side of fresh Michigan Blueberries and a Creamy Chocolate Avocado smoothie! I added a few leftover bacon pieces to the salsa. Mmmmm Bacon!

Chilled Cucumber & Avocado Soup recipe here.
Take a look at FOOD52. That's my favorite site to get awesome ideas and recipes!
Creamy Chocolate Avocado Smoothie recipe is here.
Danielle Walker (Against All Grain) is an amazing woman with so much strength and love for her family. Her Paleo recipes are pretty darn good too!

So I welcome you to join me on my exploration of new and cool recipes. I'll make sure to give credit where it's needed and hopefully take a stab at creating my own recipes. 
Stay tuned!
Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment