Sunday, August 17

Roasted Eggplant Lasagna Boats

Growing up I loved vegetables. Other kids in class would say they hate broccoli or green beans. I'd always be confused why my classmates hated vegetables! Vegetables were awesome and I always devoured them and had seconds too! Maybe it's because my mom grew fresh veggies in our backyard garden. So we always had organic vegetables and I'd load up on the veggies for dinner. When I was a kid, fresh broccoli and American cheese was the best in my book. I still love my mom's home-made Ratatouille with fresh zucchinis from the garden. 

The only vegetables I wasn't a fan of were raw tomatoes and Lima beans. Now as an adult, I'll eat tomatoes sometimes. But the only raw tomatoes I'll really go for are the ones from my mom's garden. I cut them into slices, put some Parmesan cheese on top and then broil just a little till they are soft yet juicy. Yum. But Lima beans are just not my thing to this day...

Tonight I made Roasted Eggplant Lasagna Boats with Amy Luu's gourmet chicken sausages. If you haven't tried chicken sausage it's pretty darn good. What's best is that there is no nitrates or added preservatives. (NITRATES BAD! lols) Also, they come pre-cooked so they are perfect to throw in almost anything.  Here are the photos of the dinner making process...

Let's get to it!

3 eggplants and a lonely garlic all in a row...
Slice 'em up!
Zucchini!
Chop up 1/2 an onion...don't cry on me now...
Stirring up the sausage and onions. On Half Baked Harvest's blog she has you separate the ground up Italian sausage with the vegetables. I didn't because A) the sausage is pre-cooked B) I'm lazy and didn't want to wash more dishes. lols~!
Making sure everything is nice and warm.
Roasted Garlic! YUM. If there's one thing you need to know about my cooking, it's that I love garlic. 
NAKED EGGPLANTS!
Choppy chop the basil into strips. I could have made them smaller but hence the laziness and the potential a Hangry Emma could come out. Hangry is being angry and hungry at the same time. I think my boyfriend is scared of me when I get to that point...
Okay, they're a bit prettier now...threw on the chopped up basil and roasted garlic.
Don't mozzarella balls look like baseballs? 
Sliced up mozzarella, more basil and a fresh peach sitting pretty.
One more roast to melt the cheese....
Tada! The finished product with fresh peaches on the side! :) Beautiful!

Roasted Eggplant Lasagna Boats Recipe here.
Tieghan has some AMAZING recipes! What I love most about her blog is her fabulous photography and her creativity. Please check out her blog when you can. :)

Emma


No comments:

Post a Comment