Monday, January 12

We moved to Seattle!

Well, it has been a while! But we finally moved to Seattle!It has been a whirlwind of a week trying to get settled in a new city. We shipped all of our items over and then flew out on January 2nd. Pretty much for New Years Eve we donated our Chicago bed and hung out at a hotel near the airport. Honestly, I think that was the best decision we made in a while. It felt awesome to just relax and not worry. We also saw Into The Woods. I thought it was going to be mediocre, but I actually enjoyed it. The day we flew out there was a crying child on the plane. The whole 4 1/2 hours he was crying...I think I need to invest in better headphones. But once we finally got to our apartment, signed all the extra paperwork, it was better. Here are some photos of our 1 Bedroom 1 Bathroom apartment:
View from the back to the front of the apartment.
View to our patio.
We're facing the other sides of the apartment complex, but its semi-quiet and it will be nice to sit outside in the summertime. 
Our new bed! Has an nice sliding door too.
Very spacious bathroom.
Alley kitchen...we'll see how I like this...
Bought a couch off Craigslist for only $225. Not bad!
Workout area in the apartment complex. Complete with a Rock Climbing wall to boulder on.
Rooftop views and lounge areas. But anyways, this first week was hectic. Working from home has a been a huge adjustment. Part of it probably because I have a cardboard box for a desk. No, seriously I do.  But also the whole timezone difference has thrown me off. Since I'm on Pacific Time now and the HQ is on Eastern Time, I'm waking up to work at 5:30am or 6:00am PST. But the good news is I've gotten some new kitchen toys, a bike and my license changed over! Plus I've been trying to workout every day. My new year's resolution is: "No Excuses." I can work out because I have a gym in my apartment complex. So far it has been going pretty good. I've been making some friends in the apartment complex and hanging out with them. 
I got a Vegetable Spiral Slicer, Meat Pounder, Brand new stainless steel mixing bowls and brand new Noritake dishes! I'm excited to try these out.
Then over the weekend, we went and explored Fremont. We walked all the way there from our apartment which is about 40-45 minutes. But it was a nice day so we didn't care.
The waiting for the bus art sculpture.
The Fremont Troll! We tried to see him when we first originally saw Seattle, but we couldn't find him. Ever since I saw the movie, 10 Things I Hate About You, I wanted to see the Troll. Lols! I'm a 90's kid at heart over here. 
Gas Works Park - Kind of interesting how they made a children play structure out of some of the old parts and it is still on the premises. Apparently the park was a coal gasification plant and operated from 1906 to 1956. The park opened in 1975. Which isn't that long ago. lols
Boat houses! Really cool.
What is a food blog without food? Here is one of the dishes I made that first week. First meal in the apartment! Quick and easy! I cooked some spaghetti squash, ground beef, added pasta sauce and provolone cheese on top. Yummy!

I will add some more posts soon!

Emma 

No comments:

Post a Comment