Saturday, October 18

Baked Cranberry-Chipotle BBQ Ribs

Today I made a Paleo Cranberry-Chipotle Barbecue Ribs with Butter and Dill Carrots for dinner. Oh man, was this delicious!
I think I'm going to miss the food scene of Chicago. It is nice knowing you can go a few blocks and get a variety of food options. Like tacos, sushi, pasta, pizza etc. within a quick walk. I've heard that Portland has a decent foodie scene out west (besides California.) But I'm sure we'll find a few new joints to go eat at. Plus we'll be getting fresher produce. I mean they get fish is right out of the ocean and when we went to the Fremont Farmer's market last September, there were a lot of local farmers.

Let's get started!
First, I took 2 racks of ribs and covered them with water in a pot. I let the water boil then simmered them for 1 1/2 hours. Once that was done, I drained it and put them on baking sheets with foil.
Then I chopped up onions and put them in a skillet with olive oil. 
Then I added some garlic and ginger. This is my go to for ginger. Whenever I get a root of fresh ginger, I only use a little of it and then it goes bad. When I found this puppy, I just put it in the fridge and use it when I need ginger. Obviously it's not as potent as the fresh ginger, but it does the trick and is convenient!
Yum, frozen cranberries.
The spices.
Blurry picture, but I pretty much added the cranberries, organic ketchup, coconut amino's, brown sugar, ½ cup of water and spices.
Bubble bubble, toil and trouble....
Next, after the cranberries popped and condensed down, I blended it in my trusty Ninja.
I wish I could inject the smell into my blog because this smelled heavenly. 
Then, I put the sauce on the ribs and baked them for 45 minutes. 
Ta-da! The finished product with butter and dill roasted carrots. Wow. The ribs were SUPER good. The BBQ sauce was what really made it. It was tangy but with a touch of sweetness. It totally complimented the pork! I wonder if  next time I could smoke the ribs first to get a smoky flavor in there..then add the sauce…I might have to experiment!

Baked Cranberry-Chipotle Barbecue Ribs Recipe here
Another awesome recipe from Foodess. Jennifer Pallian has some unique and fun recipes on her site. It takes some adjusting to make it paleo friendly but I like how she plays with flavors and combinations while still maintaining the comfort food style.

Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment