Friday, October 31

Tomato Pumpkin Soup

Today, Wayne and I decided to stay in for Halloween. I still feel sick and I don't feel up for dressing up and going out to a bar. I had fun in college going to Halloween parties and such, but now the glamour of getting drunk and wearing a costume doesn't seem so fun. I am instead going to stay inside, wear my pajamas and watch scary movies with Wayne. I chose Sleepy Hallow (with Johnny Depp) for my movie. I forget what movie Wayne chose. But I think I'm looking forward to just relaxing and not doing anything for a night. Tonight I made a Paleo Tomato Pumpkin Soup and also leftover Sticky Chocolate Cups (seriously surprised we didn't devour them all.) 

Flash back...Awwww wasn't I adorable? Yeah, I know. My face has NOT changed at all...FYI - I'm deathly allergic to bees. Like if I get stung, my throat will close up and I'll die. I found out I was allergic when I was in preschool and my mom thought it would be hilarious to dress me up as a bumble bee for Halloween. Gotta give my mom major props though! She sewed the entire costume herself! Not pictured, my big ass stinger. Not joking, this thing was huge. I had fun annoying my older brother with it. :)
Speaking of sweet...These are effing amazing. I'm seriously addicted to these. Okay, okay not a serious addiction but for my go to Halloween candy these are it. There's only three ingredients in them and they taste like a honey peppermint york patty. Plus who doesn't love dark chocolate? 
Let's get started!
First, I heated up some coconut oil in a skillet pan. 
Then I added a chopped up medium yellow onion to the pan.
Then, I added a can of Organic Pumpkin Puree. 
I also added a can of Organic Diced tomatoes. 
It is turning into a wonderful and colorful mess.
Then I added 2 cups of Organic Chicken Stock Broth. 
Some honey...and spices
I ate a Sticky Chocolate Cup... :) Hey, it's Halloween! I am entitled to eat some semi-healthy (Okay not really) treats!
Then I let it simmer for like 20 minutes or so.
After it cooked down, I added some Organic Coconut Milk to the mix.
Ta-da! Finished Product. I topped the soup with some pumpkin seeds and then 

The Paleo Kitchen: Finding Primal Joy in Modern Cooking found here.
Juli (from Paleomg) and George made a great cookbook. Their paleo recipes look delicious and I can't wait until I try out more recipes. 

Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment