Wednesday, October 29

Sticky Chocolate Cups

My work is having a Halloween party tomorrow. We have a crock pot and baking challenge for the office. It is nice because you get to see what other people make. Plus the proceeds from "Rock the Crock" and "Bake-off" go to a selected charity.I decided to make Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies for the bake off.  To be honest, I'm kind of regretting signing up to bake something. I wasn't really into baking them and I don't think they turned out as well as they could have.

Wayne wasn't feeling 100% earlier this week and I've slowly am feeling run down. I haven't been able to get a lot of sleep lately and my allergies are flaring up from the weather change. Plus I had a really shitty day. While I was making the cookies, Wayne helped me make Paleo Sticky Chocolate Cups with almond butter!
Anyway, let's get started with the steps.
I got these adorable spider web cupcake liners!
First, I mixed all the ingredients together. The almond butter with maple syrup is one of my favs!
Wayne measuring it out.
Then we melted the chocolate in a dish. These are nice since they're dairy, nut and soy free chocolate chips. It would be great to use these if you know you'll be with a group of people that have allergies. 
Then we dolloped the chocolate into the lined muffin tins.
Next, we dolloped the almond butter mixture on top and then added more chocolate on top to make it look like a peanut butter cup. We then frozen them for a couple hours till hardened.
Ta-da! Finished product! OMG these were awesome! They made my day even though I felt like crap and had a shitty day. It was a plus in my book how easy-peasy they were to make too! I think next time if I have an event to bring a dessert into work, I might just do these instead. 

Paleomg's Halloween Sticky Cups Recipe here

Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment